By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sign In
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals – World News Network
Share
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > Sports > Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals – World News Network
Sports

Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 30, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], August 30 (ANI): In a significant development ahead of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026, Rahul Dravid has stepped down as the head coach of the Rajasthan Royals (RR). The franchise announced the decision on Saturday, stating that Dravid was offered a broader role within the set-up, but he chose not to take it, as per ESPNcricinfo.
Dravid’s exit comes despite having a multi-year contract and follows a comprehensive structural review after RR endured a disappointing IPL 2025 campaign, finishing ninth on the points table, their worst performance since 2021, with only four wins in 14 matches.
“Head coach Rahul Dravid will conclude his tenure with the franchise ahead of IPL 2026,” the statement said, as quoted from ESPNcricinfo.
“Rahul has been central to the Royals’ journey for many years. His leadership has influenced a generation of players, instilled strong values within the squad, and left an indelible mark on the culture of the franchise,” it added.
“As part of the franchise structural review, Rahul had been offered a broader position at the franchise, but has chosen not to take this. The Rajasthan Royals, its players, and millions of fans worldwide extend heartfelt thanks to Rahul for his remarkable service to the franchise,” it said.
Dravid played a key role in shaping RR’s auction strategy and player retentions ahead of the new three-year IPL cycle. The franchise retained Sanju Samson, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Dhruv Jurel, Riyan Parag, and Shimron Hetmyer, banking on a settled core to deliver results.
However, the season failed to take off, with injuries to key players and an inability to close out tight matches proving costly. Despite flashes of brilliance from young talents, the Royals struggled to build momentum and never found consistency.
Dravid’s departure marks the end of a long and storied association with the franchise. He first joined Rajasthan Royals as a player in 2011 and captained the side during the 2012 and 2013 seasons. He later served as team director and mentor in 2014 and 2015, shaping RR’s philosophy of backing young Indian talent.
With Dravid stepping away, Rajasthan Royals become the second IPL franchise without a head coach ahead of IPL 2026, after Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). Last month, Chandrakant Pandit parted ways with KKR despite guiding them to their first IPL title in a decade in 2024. Meanwhile, Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) are also restructuring their support staff, recently appointing B. Arun as their bowling consultant.
Currently, the Royals have Kumar Sangakkara as Director of Cricket, with Vikram Rathour as batting coach and Shane Bond handling the bowling department.
RR, who famously won the inaugural IPL title in 2008, have struggled for consistency ever since. Their best finish in recent years came in 2022, when they ended as runners-up to Gujarat Titans. (ANI)


Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Indian Super League: Tournament’s most heated rivalries – World News Network

“We have to perform for the nation”: Rasmita Sahoo shares ‘proud moment’ after interaction with PM Modi – World News Network

Sambit Patra participates in cyclothon, promotes Sundays on Cycle – World News Network

India’s Global Sports joins historic Global Pickleball Alliance to launch world’s first Pro Tour, drive international expansion – World News Network

“PKL gave me everything”: Dubki King’s Pardeep Narwal – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Bihar SIR: Supreme Court to hear plea for extension on September 1 deadline for claims, objections – World News Network
Next Article Need to thwart Centre’s attempt to change Constitution: Telangana CM Revanth Reddy – World News Network
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest News

PM Modi to meet Russian President Putin after SCO Summit in Tianjin: MEA – World News Network
World August 31, 2025
“Doing the right thing”: Ex-diplomat KP Fabian on India strengthening ties with China – World News Network
World August 31, 2025
Chinese State Media gives wide coverage to PM Modi’s visit – World News Network
World August 31, 2025
“Friendship, trade, cultural linkages”: PM Modi recalls India’s relations with nations as he met world leaders at SCO reception – World News Network
World August 31, 2025

Sports

PM Modi interacts with Rasmita Sahoo, Moshin Ali from Khelo India Water Sports Festival during Mann Ki Baat – World News Network
Sports
Brook praises Crawley, Cox; says every in-form player is in mix for England – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Videos
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Press Release
  • Press Release Distribution Packages

Entertainment

Electronic Arts’ game ‘Skate’ trailer out, to be available on early access from this date – World News Network
Entertainment
“We both felt like it was time”: Devon Walker on his SNL exit – World News Network
Entertainment
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Follow US
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?